Can’t decide between pizza or chicken? Make both with this pizza stuffed chicken recipe!
Get your pizza fix rolled into a cheesy chicken breast that’s baked in a seasoned crust for a crispy, tasty entrée that you’ll want to make over and over again. It’s a family favorite!
CHICKEN Boneless chicken breasts are our first choice but you can use thighs or bone in chicken breasts too. If your chicken is bone in simply use a small knife to cut a pocket in the side and fill it up. Bone in chicken will need about 10 minutes longer to cook.
CHEESE We love using string cheese in this recipe as they are the right size and melt nicely. You can also cut your own cheese sticks. I don’t recommend shredded cheese and it tends to melt too much.
BREADCRUMB CRUST Roll them up, cover in breadcrumbs and then bake to juicy perfection!
- Add other pizza toppings you love from mushrooms to green peppers and onions.
- If adding veggies, they should be pre-cooked and cooled. Just pop them in the microwave with a little bit of water for a minute or so.
- For a low-carb version, use crushed pork rinds (or parmesan cheese) instead of Panko.
How to Make Pizza Stuffed Chicken
The steps for this recipe are similar to making chicken cordon bleu (which is actually really easy to make) but it is topped with sauce and cheese like a chicken parmesan while having the flavors of our favorite pizza recipe!
- Pound the chicken so it’s even and top with pepperoni & string cheese. Roll up & secure with toothpicks on either end.
- Dip the chicken rolls in garlic butter, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes. Top with pizza sauce and cheese. Bake until melted and chicken is cooked through.
Be sure to seal the sides of the chicken well to keep the cheese in. Some of the cheese might leak out but there will still be lots left inside.
- Choose pieces of chicken that are the same size and flatten them to all equal widths so they bake at the same rate.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Rest for about 5 minutes before serving so the juices have a chance to get sealed inside.
- For an extra crispy cheesy topping place the dish under the broiler for a couple of minutes until the topping is bubbly and golden brown.
Did your family enjoy this Pizza Stuffed Chicken? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
More Stuffed Chicken
Pizza Stuffed Chicken
Crispy on the outside, cheesy on the inside, this Pizza Stuffed Chicken recipe is just like delivery, without the crust!
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Pound chicken to ¼” thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
Top each chicken breast with 5 slices of pepperoni and one cheese string (cut in half if needed). Roll the chicken up lengthwise and secure the ends with toothpicks.
Combine the melted butter and garlic in a small dish. Mix the breadcrumbs with seasonings and put them in a separate dish.
Dip each chicken roll in the butter mixture and then into the breadcrumbs evenly coating the chicken.
Spray chicken with cooking spray and place in a greased 9×13 dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and top with pizza sauce, mozzarella, and 1 slice of pepperoni. Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes or until it reaches 165°F.
If you don’t have cheese strings, mozzarella can be cut from a block of cheese. Shredded cheese is not recommended.
For an extra crispy cheesy topping place the dish under the broiler for a couple of minutes until the topping is bubbly and golden brown.
Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Rest for about 5 minutes before serving so the juices have a chance to get sealed inside.
Serving: 1breast, Calories: 641, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 65g, Fat: 31g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Cholesterol: 206mg, Sodium: 1498mg, Potassium: 1102mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 682IU, Vitamin C: 7mg, Calcium: 168mg, Iron: 3mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best Pizza Stuffed Chicken, how to make Pizza Stuffed Chicken, pizza stuffed chicken, Pizza Stuffed Chicken recipe