Easy Cheesy Nachos (Ready in 30 Minutes!)
Forget restaurants or take out, this is the best nachos recipe and you can make it right at home!
Everyone loves a huge pile of tortilla chips topped with zesty beef and of course heaps of cheese. Add in your favorite toppings (check out our favorites below) and serve with sour cream and salsa.
Our Fave Baked Nachos
We totally love our version of nachos supreme because of all the meaty, cheesy, crunchy ingredients that restaurant nachos have, but easy to customize at home!
Fresh out of the oven, our nachos recipe will be a family favorite all year round!
Ingredients and Variations
Chips Use your favorite tortilla chips in this recipe but skip the flavored ones (Doritos don’t make great nachos) and skip the thin cantina-style chips. You want thicker chips that can hold all of the cheese and goodies.
Meat This basic nacho recipe is topped with spiced beef & beans and heaps of cheese. Swap out the protein to make chicken nachos or add in leftover barbacoa or even pulled pork!
Cheese A mixture of cheddar and Monterey jack cheese is super colorful but if you’re looking for quick and easy, try a “Tex Mex” shredded cheese blend!
Toppings Delicious toppings like salsa and sour cream are a must.
The Best Toppings for Nachos
Place small bowls of toppings on the table or counter and let everyone build their own plate of nacho goodness! Here’s our list of fixings that are “nacho supreme” worthy!
- Dips: Guacamole, Salsa, Black Bean and Corn Salsa, Sour Cream.
- Veggies: Sliced black olives, pico de gallo, diced tomatoes, pickled red onions, green onions, avocados, or grilled corn!
- Spicy: Jalapenos, chopped green chilis, taco seasoning, or chili powder.
How To Make Nachos at Home
Homemade loaded nachos are super easy to make and totally customizable!
- Brown beef, stir in taco seasoning, water, and black beans. Simmer until the water has evaporated.
- Layer chips with cheese, beef, and green onions according to recipe below.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and load ’em up!
PRO TIP: Put nachos under the broiler for a few minutes to get the cheese bubbly and extra melty!
Nachos are best made fresh when the tortilla chips are fresh and crunchy! If you have lots leftover, there are a couple of options:
- Option 1: Refrigerate. Bake on a pan at 400°F until hot, about 7 minutes. The chips themselves won’t crisp up but I still think they taste great.
- Option 2: Discard the chips and save the nacho mixture in a covered container in the refrigerator, about 3 days. Add it to fresh chips and bake like new.
- Other than that they can be added to a Doritos casserole or taco casserole or stirred into tortilla soup!
More Tex-Mex Favorites
Party food calls for more party food! Here’s a list of Mexican themed faves:
Did you make these Easy Cheesy Nachos? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Cheesy Nachos
These easy cheesy nachos are loaded with fresh ingredients. Serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole for a definite crowd-pleaser!
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Brown ground beef in a skillet until no pink remains. Drain fat. Stir in taco seasoning, water and black beans. Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce thickens and water evaporates.
Meanwhile, spread tortilla chips onto a baking sheet. Top with ½ of the cheese, the beef mixture, remaining cheese, and half of the green onions.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove from oven and add remaining green onions & desired toppings. Serve hot with salsa and sour cream.
Serving size is 1/8th of the recipe. Nutritional information does not include optional toppings, sour cream or salsa.
Calories: 510, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 34g, Saturated Fat: 16g, Cholesterol: 98mg, Sodium: 560mg, Potassium: 351mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 685IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 473mg, Iron: 3mg
Keyword how to make nachos, nachos, Nachos Recipe, Nachos Supreme