This easy recipe makes a batch of super tasty honey glazed carrots!
Tender carrots in a buttery honey sauce; they’ll have everyone wanting seconds!
A Favorite Easy Side
We love this recipe because even though it’s so easy (and extra fast) to make, it looks so elegant next to an entrée!
Bright honey glazed carrots are sweet and tender, full of flavor!
The ingredients for this recipe are budget-friendly but pack a big flavor!
CARROTS Any carrots work and honestly, I find the inexpensive grocery store carrots to be a favorite in this recipe. Baby carrots work great in this recipe too.
HONEY Honey combined with butter and herbs on carrots is an amazing combo. No honey? No problem, substitute real maple syrup!
BUTTER & HERBS Fresh butter combined with fresh or dried thyme for a little savory (and salt of course) is the perfect addition!
How to Make Honey Glazed Carrots
Carrots can be steamed or boiled. These yummy veggies are quick and easy to prep and serve!
- Cut carrots into ½” slices or use baby carrots. Boil according to recipe instructions below.
- Simmer honey and butter. Toss with hot carrots.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Keep honey glazed carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator and they should last about 3 days.
- Honey glazed carrots can be frozen, too! Just place them in a zippered bag with the date written on the outside and they will last about a month in the freezer.
- Refresh them by heating in the microwave or on the stove with a dash of butter and some salt and pepper.
More Carrot Faves
Did your family love these Honey Glazed Carrots? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Honey Glazed Carrots
Fresh, crisp carrots are cooked until tender, then tossed in honey with seasonings & butter!
Place carrots in salted water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer 5-6 minutes or until carrots are tender-crisp (do not overcook). Drain well.
Remove thyme leaves from the stem if using, set aside.
Add honey, butter, and salt to the pan and simmer 1 minute. Add carrots and thyme leaves if using, toss to coat.
Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
To freeze, place them in a zippered bag with the date written on the outside and they will last up to a month in the freezer.
Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop with some butter, salt, and pepper to refresh the flavors.
Calories: 129, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 274mg, Potassium: 363mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 14g, Vitamin A: 19119IU, Vitamin C: 7mg, Calcium: 37mg, Iron: 1mg
Keyword best honey glazed carrots, Honey Glazed Carrots, Honey Glazed Carrots recipe, how to make honey glazed carrots