We love roasted veggies and this recipe for roasted broccoli and carrots is a winner! The seasoning is a bit sweet and a touch spicy and a lot delicious.
Everything can be prepped up to 48 hours in advance and tossed in the oven just before serving. Easy peasy!
An Easy Side Dish
- Besides being super colorful and healthy, roasting vegetables is a quick and easy way to prep an entire dinner in the oven at once.
- Roasting veggies in the oven caramelizes the outside of the veggies adding lots of flavor.
Ingredients and Variations
VEGGIES Fresh carrots and broccoli are easy to find year-round. We chose fresh whole carrots, but baby carrots will work.
SEASONINGS Olive oil, honey, and garlic, combined with chili flakes brings out the flavor of carrots and broccoli, or any other roasted veggies!
Be sure to keep the carrots fairly thin and not to cut the broccoli too small so they both cook at the same time. Baby carrots should be halved lengthwise.
How to Roast Broccoli and Carrots
- Peel and slice carrots on the diagonal in ¼” slices. Cut the stems away from the broccoli florets and cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Make a glaze with oil, honey, minced garlic, and chili flakes (per recipe below). Coat broccoli and garlic, season with salt.
- Spread in a prepared baking pan and roast until tender.
- Frozen carrots and broccoli will work but won’t brown as well and won’t have the same tender crisp texture.
- The glaze can be basted before cooking but also during and after.
- Keep cooled leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Or, freeze them in quart-sized zippered bags with the date labeled on them and they’ll keep about a month.
- Leftover broccoli and carrots are great in a soup or stew!
More Roasted Veggies
Did you make these Roasted Carrots & Broccoli? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Roasted Carrots & Broccoli
These carrots & broccoli are tossed in a spicy honey garlic sauce and then oven-roasted until tender!
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine oil, honey, garlic and chili flakes in a small bowl. Toss with broccoli and carrots. Sprinkle with salt.
Spread onto a parchment lined pan and roast vegetables 18-20 minutes or until tender crisp.
Frozen carrots and broccoli will work but won’t brown as well and won’t have the same tender crisp texture.
The glaze can be basted before cooking but also during and after.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 106, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 62mg, Potassium: 349mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 8g, Vitamin A: 11012IU, Vitamin C: 45mg, Calcium: 43mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best roasted carrots & broccoli, how to roast carrots & broccoli, Roasted Carrots & Broccoli, roasted carrots & broccoli recipe
Course Side Dish