Chicken Lasagna Roll-ups are a cozy weeknight meal. Tender chicken, broccoli and cheese are rolled in lasagna noodles and baked in a homemade cream sauce.
A complete meal in one dish, this is a family favorite!
What are Lasagna Roll-Ups?
We love new takes on a classic lasagna!
A lasagna roll up is made by rolling all of the traditional lasagna ingredients in pasta instead of layering them in a pan.
In this case, we’ve taken the ingredients in our favorite chicken lasagna and created rolls filled with chicken and veggies.
CHEESE Our recipe lightens it up by using a cottage cheese mixture but ricotta works if you’d prefer.
VEGGIES Chicken and Broccoli is the classic comfort food combination but any steamed veggie from carrots to asparagus will work.
SAUCE This recipe uses a creamy homemade sauce. It’s rich and delicious while still being a bit lighter than a traditional alfredo sauce. While I prefer the flavor of the homemade sauce, to make prep quicker, you can substitute a jar or two of alfredo sauce.
How to Make Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups
Chicken lasagna roll-ups have a few steps involved, but the result is so luscious it’s worth the extra effort of making rollups!
- Cook noodles, set aside. Combine cheese mixture, set aside.
- Make the cream sauce per recipe below and spread some in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Lay out noodles & spread each one with cheese, broccoli, & chicken. Roll up each filled noodle & lay, seam side down in a dish.
- Top the rolls with remaining sauce, cover & bake.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake until bubbly.
What to Serve with Lasagna Roll-Ups
- Keep creamy chicken roll-ups in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat the entire casserole in the oven or individual portions in the microwave. Add extra cheese and place the roll-ups under the broiler until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Cooked and cooled lasagna roll-ups can be frozen up to 2 months. Thaw and reheat using one of the methods above.
More Cozy Chicken Recipes
Did your family love these Lasagna Roll Ups? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups
Chicken and broccoli are the perfect combination in this creamy pasta dish!
In a medium saucepan, cook onion and garlic in butter until tender, about 3 minutes. Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add broth and milk a bit at a time whisking after each addition. It will be thick at first but will thin out. Once all of the liquid has been added, stir in cream cheese until melted. Simmer 1 minute.
Remove from heat and stir in mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, dried basil, and oregano.
Place 1 cup of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
Lay out noodles. Divide cheese mixture, broccoli, and chicken over noodles. Top each with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese.
Roll noodles and place seam down in the pan. Top with the remaining sauce.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake for another 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Any steamed veggie from carrots to asparagus can be added with or instead of broccoli.
We prefer the flavor of the homemade sauce, to make prep quicker, you can substitute a jar or two of alfredo sauce.
Serving: 2roll ups, Calories: 931, Carbohydrates: 60g, Protein: 72g, Fat: 44g, Saturated Fat: 24g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 235mg, Sodium: 1456mg, Potassium: 892mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 1798IU, Vitamin C: 50mg, Calcium: 747mg, Iron: 3mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword how to make lasagna rolls, Lasagna Roll Ups, Lasagna Roll Ups recipe, lasagna rolls