Super delicious, carrot muffins are the perfect breakfast or morning snack along with coffee!
These tasty muffins are extra moist and jam packed with flavor.
We love this recipe because carrot muffins are sweet and delicious. It’s a great beginner recipe for young cooks in the kitchen, and the results do not disappoint! Bake them up in just a few steps and have muffins all week long!
These easy muffins have a wholesome, mildly sweet flavor with a moist texture that’s cake-like; this recipe is definitely a keeper!
CARROTS (& APPLE) Of course this recipe uses shredded carrots but we add in shredded apple too. It makes these muffins extra moist.
DRY INGREDIENTS The typical muffin ingredients are here, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Give them a stir with a whisk, this adds air in place of sifting.
WET INGREDIENTS Sugar, eggs and oil combine to make these moist. Use an oil (like vegetable oil) that has a mild flavor.
How to Make Carrot Muffins
- Combine ingredients. Wet in one bowl, dry in another (per full recipe below).
- Mix. Mix the wet and dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in carrots, shredded apple and raisins. The batter should be a bit lumpy.
- Bake. Scoop batter into prepared tins (and ice cream scoop works best for this).
Tips for Perfect Muffins
- Be sure to measure the flour by spooning flour into the measuring cup (not scooping it with the measuring cup).
- Combine wet & dry ingredients just until mixed, the batter should be a bit lumpy.
- Fill muffin wells about 2/3 full.
- Ovens can vary, check the muffins a bit early to see if they’re done so they don’t overcook. If a toothpick comes out clean, they’re ready.
Keep muffins in a zippered bag or airtight container at room temperature. They should keep about 4-5 days.
Carrot muffins are also super easy to freeze! Simply freeze them when they are fully cooled by popping them in a zippered bag with the date labeled on the bag. They should keep about a month or so in the freezer.
Muffins & More
Did you make these Carrot Muffins? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
These Carrot muffins are moist, flavorful, and full of warm spices!
Preheat oven to 350°. Greased or line muffin tins.
In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Whisk sugar, oil, and eggs in a separate bowl.
Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients just until combined.
Lightly fold in carrots, apples and raisins.
Divide the mixture into prepared muffin tins
Bake 23-26 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
Freeze when they are fully cooled by popping them in a zippered bag. They should keep about a month in the freezer.
Serving: 1muffin, Calories: 186, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 41mg, Sodium: 186mg, Potassium: 129mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 2837IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 50mg, Iron: 1mg
Keyword best Carrot Muffins, Carrot Muffins, Carrot Muffins recipe, how to make Carrot Muffins